Sunday, April 6, 2008

I apparently didn't learn my lesson

So, a couple of months ago, I posted my jubilation over Duke beating Carolina. Since then, Duke's season went south. Duke lost a few games to bad teams, lost to Carolina in Durham, lost in the second round of the ACC tournament, nearly lost in the first round of the NCAA tourney, then lost for one last time in the second round. Carolina, meanwhile, didn't lose. They won the ACC regular season, the ACC tournament, and the first four rounds of the NCAA tournament by a combined score of 372-271. So, have I learned my lesson about gloating?

NO! Hooray for Kansas!

Seriously. I know Kansas loved beating Roy, and I know all faithful ABC fans like myself were dancing in the streets last night, especially when Carolina a favorite. Actually, I think I heard as many people picking UNC as were picking Kansas or UCLA. I don't think I've heard anyone pick Memphis, though they've proved everyone wrong and I wouldn't be surprised if they won it all. I am picking Kansas now, since my original champ lost (UCLA to Memphis).

Now, it's on to baseball. Go Cubs!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

We gloated at home this morning, but tried to keep it to a minimum outside the house. Carolina didn't just get beat, they got thumped bad! I'm picking Memphis after watching them yesterday, although I did not watch Kansas play yesterday, I did watch them almost lose to Davidson.