Monday, January 28, 2008

Music added

In my further efforts to try and figure this whole bloggin' thing out, I've added a music playlist at the bottom of the page. Please take a listen. Here's a rundown on the current musical lineup:
  1. March Fanfare by The Bobs - This fanfare was written by the a capella group The Bobs for a documentary about Andy Kaufman, and was also used in the 1999 movie "Man On The Moon."
  2. Doctor Worm by They Might Be Giants - My theme song! Come on!
  3. Moondance by Van Morrison - Van the Man is one of my all-time favorite artists, and Moondance is one of my favorite songs.
  4. Billie Jean by Chris Cornell - You may recognize Michael Jackson's song in there, but this cover takes it in a different direction.
  5. Sing Along by The Blue Man Group - They're more than just Intel salesman, they're quite talented musicians. This song features the vocal talents of Dave Matthews (not blue).
  6. Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Greg Laswell - Despite the serious tone of this song, I have to think that Mr. Laswell really cracked himself up arranging it.
  7. Over The Rainbow by Eva Cassidy - This has got to be the single most beautiful rendition of this song EVER.
  8. Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce - The first time I heard this song was when Rowlf the Dog was singing it on one of my old Muppet records when I was a kid. But I like Croce's original too.
  9. Don't Download This Song by "Weird Al" Yankovic - An impassioned plea to stop illegally downloading songs and depriving starving musicians their income. By the way, all these songs in this playlist, as well as being in my own music library, are all legally available on the internet.
Happy listening.

EDIT: 2/28/08 - The music playlist can now be found at this site.

No comments: